I personally fed my Yellow Lab a dog raw food diet when I was just 3 years old back in the 60’s.
We lived on an outback Australian farm so this was perhaps a natural choice seeing as we had plenty of raw dog food on tap with the provisions for a family of 6 including plenty of beef, lamb, pork, chicken and game, all living on our farm.
So I have had many decades to witness the extraordinary benefits of a raw dog food diet. Perhaps if your at that moment of decision whether to feed your pet a raw food dog diet or not, so I’ll tell you the one clear benefit that trumps all others:
- A raw meat dog food diet is your dogs natural live biological source of nutrition. It’s the one diet all dogs benefit from most out of all known diets. It’s synergistic to their well being, body chemistry and biological makeup as a live source of enzymes for daily cell renewal, growth and immune system support.
- Note: Commercial dog food is the exact opposite which means it’s clinically dead food with no live enzymes, has little biological nutritional value, is non synergistic to body chemistry and is therefore not an optimal food source for dogs while at the same time leaving the dogs immune system unsupported and vulnerable to disease.
I’ll leave it to a new kid on the block Lindsay Stordahl to explain things in her words.
In the past I fed my mutt Ace a commercially prepared raw diet dog food. This year I plan to make his raw food myself.
A homemade raw dog food diet can be the healthiest diet for dogs, but it can also be unhealthy, depending on what you feed. Some vets, dog owners, breeders and trainers recommend a raw dog food diet for dogs, and others do not. You should always consult with your dog’s vet to make sure a raw dog food diet is safe for your particular dog.
, and the same info is out there for you to do your own research….More at Health benefits to buying raw dog food
A couple points of note for you from the wise:
- Too many people get caught up in the thick of thin thin things, meaning that to
feed raw dog food to your dog can be made pretty simple without the need for “all those extras” This is where the BARF diet gets messy.
- No one has a clue about whether sprinkling half a teaspoon of vitamins onto your dogs food does any good. So my advice-completely unnecessary and may cause imbalance.
- Vets for the most part do not have a clue about canine nutrition period. They were trained in diagnostics and treatment and they are not trained in nutrition. So do not ask your vet for advice on raw dog food nutrition as it’s a waste of time and you will only get misleading answers.
- Important: YOU are the one who must take responsibility for your dog’s nutritional welfare. AND by discovering how to feed a simple dog raw food diet which does not take very long at all to become comfortable with, you become the expert.
If you want a clear, concise, step by step how to book that covers switching your dog to a raw food diet then try my book—>Click Here.
If you found this article of use then please pass it on to friends, family and work colleagues via the social buttons.
- Raw Diet For Dogs | The Journey (part 2) | Tail-Waggers Blog
- Raw Diet For Dogs | The Journey (part 1) | Tail-Waggers Blog
- Keep them Smiling 200 – let’s talk Raw Foods | Canine College